As a childcare provider, we must meet the criteria of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) guidelines for children under 6, which is defined by the Department for Education; this means following a structure of learning, development and care for all our children.
We are committed to the EYFS, ensuring that:
- Children learn through play
- We work closely with all parents
- We keep you up-to-date on your child’s progress
- We meet the welfare, learning and all-round development needs of children with different backgrounds and levels of ability, including those with special educational needs and disabilities wherever possible
To help children under 6 reach their full potential, we deliver the EYFS curriculum of learning through play and planned activities.
The three primary areas of learning are:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
The further four specific areas are:
- Understanding of the world
- Expressive arts and design